Thursday 14 March 2013

study study study boooo : (

So you might've thought that I'd totally neglected my blog after a week of post-less-ness; but I'm happy to declare that I'm still blogging!- just battling with time at the moment and drowning under piles of assignments and quizzes in an attempt to 'settle' into uni life,and let me tell you, the time they organise for you to 'settle' is really a two week sweet period to let you find your way round the campus and have your first introductory 'here's the schedule, this is your textbook' talk. Then comes the third week when they bombard you with a tonne of endless weekly assessments- which is where I am right now. This week I handed in the most embarrassingly- poorly- footnoted, barely edited assignment I can imagine, which I managed to scramble into the computer lab and send in 3 minutes before the due date (well due time really).  Thankfully it was due at midday so I had the morning and of course the class before to work on it, but sadly the internet was cut off in that room, which was quite the drama. Assessments just keep coming and coming, with new content we practically just learnt! I haven't been to clubs that I signed up and paid for, even though they're meant to help you settle, but how could they possibly help you settle when you haven't even done your homework readings?! I have nevertheless managed to sample almost every lunch available at the food court- a costly process, made slightly easier with O week coupons. So I wish I could say I'm loving Uni life, but really..let's hope it gets better fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment