Tuesday 29 January 2013

More scribbles of a very average person

Today I woke up, sat on my bed for a very long time, thought about the thousands of kiddos who probably just started their first class at school for the year and thought ahaha thank goodness, no more math for me, I'm finally free!

Clearly a very eventful day ahead. I'm currently thinking about going for a walk (well I've actually been thinking about it for two hours now).

It has however been quite strange walking straight past 'back to school' sales for the first time and not feeling the urge to buy a box full of 10 cent exercise books and folders and notebooks and pens. It's not too sad though considering icecream has also been on half price sales! Yummers! Although yet again I feel myself gaining weight and my favourite orange skinny jeans are slowly getting harder to squeeze into.

So this week I finally got my first job as a tutor, and whilst it's not in retail I'm glad I finally have something relatively productive to do this month. I spent my first day at work ushering kids into classrooms, watching them run around the playground (despite my valiant efforts to uphold the 'no running at all times' rule) and marking their work. I may have possibly infringed some tutor codes of conduct e.g. wearing a skirt instead of long pants, not chatting through marking sessions for more than a half a minute, not chatting on subjects other than marking material (although there was an article on modern family, so technically I was ok there!)...It's definitely not the funnest job but perks are: I can go shopping now! (Oh and of course the joy and satisfaction and appreciation of innocence and energy and ladidadida of being around and helping out cute little kids.) Only problem is when I go shopping now I compare a shirt with about an hours' worth of work and after a while I feel so guilty I don't feel like buying anything anymore. Yesterday I bought a shirt and maroon pants and that was almost two hours of part time work gone so I kerbed my need to splurge after that. We also bought a cool waffle maker for a friend's birthday present, which we very proudly found on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment