Tuesday 22 January 2013

The scribbles of a very normal average person

Today I was hoping to finally get out of my house and do some exercise and go for a swim, but the weather's just too dark and ominous (well not really, it's just cloudy, but that makes for a better excuse). So I've been stuck in my house for a while now; it took me three days to sleep off jetlag and I've spent the rest of the week standing around, staring at walls, slowly clearing out clothes and notes in my room and the occassional walk up the street. It's been super hot, sizzling over 40 degree heat round here, the hottest day in 150 years, but now it's just raining or looking like it's about to. In the past scorching days all I've wanted to do is bask in the soothing air con, watch the tennis on tv and eat icecream; I've eaten a lot of icecream recently! We've stocked up on cookies and cream, cornettos, honey and macadamia icecream, yum yum, there goes that new year's resolution, and of course my excuse is the blaring heat. Semi legit in my mind.

I've also been out grocery shopping a lot, restocking after our holiday fridge clearance. Yesterday we bought a heap of bargain meat because of those wonderful Australia Day sales, some rye and raisin sourdough- our current family fad, and a couple of bags of late night reduced priced bread and finger buns-hurray.

As for a job, I'm still very unemployed, I haven't earnt a cent on shares, my room is still a complete mess,yes, the rest of the month is looking rather bleak in my new Harrods diary (which I bought hoping to inspire myself; clearly working). I have however started reading again. Amazing right? The last book I touched was probably a biology textbook, the last novel was Frankenstein for high school English, and the last leisure book was honestly probably Harry Potter. So I haven't moved on very far, I've been engrossed in the Hunger Games series, which is actually very addictive and much easier to read after watching the movie, although it does feel like a mix of Twilight and Harry Potter and maybe Gladiators all in one. To pass more time I've also started Ellen's 'Seriously...I'm not kidding' which is a nice, light read. I love her humour as always and can't wait till she comes to Australia! And to pass even more time (how much time do I have?!?) on this very long 'staycation' I've picked up playing piano again, which is a testiment to how bored I must be, considering that wondrous blanket of fluffy dust on our piano, and I can't bring myself to play anything other than calm, honest, melodic pieces that suit my slow, passing time mood or Bach's Well Tempered Clavier (I  just added that to sound more cultured.) 

And now that I've reached the end of the day and unachieved nothing exciting in particular I guess it's time to call it another stressless night and look forward to yet another exciting day with a midday sleep in! Woot! Hopefully I'll enjoy them while they last!

No comments:

Post a Comment